Thursday 14 April 2016

Flying into Dar Es Salaam and arriving in Zanzibar

Flying South African Airlines was a real treat. Plane almost empty, amazing food, watched the movie Joy. And the view at landing was just stunning.

The immigration at the airport on the other hand was hectic. Bring cash and time.
Almost missed my connection flight with Precision Air. That airline is funny. The whole airport is like a computer hardware history museum. Everything was slo-mo, so in the end the lady at the check-in advised me: 'Now run'. I did in lekker humid 30 degrees. Once in the airplane I could finally relax and look forward to this amazing island that I am now on.
Everything here is so completely different from all I have seen before. The nature is amazing and people are so well spirited. The mini taxis here are called Dala Dala which I think is a very cool name.

Gonna let my first impressions sink in over a great-tasting Safari beer at the Baby Bush Lodge chilling with my friends on mattresses in this beautiful hut-bar overlooking the ocean listening to Reggae.
Life is good!

Even though I enjoy my iPhone camera, I am already flipping excited to take the big baby for a spin tomorrow. Enjoy your evening and stay tuned.

Baby Bush Lodge Kiwengwa: http://www.bbzanzibar.com/
Baby Bush Lodge on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/babybushlodge/











































No comments:

Post a Comment