Wednesday 13 April 2016

Leich l'shalom

Welcome to this blog! I will make sure that you are having a good time here.

My name is Mandy. I am a German born Cape Town based photographer.
Before I went into photography I practiced law in Cologne. Back then, my blog was about copyright infringements and the latest court rulings, crooks & angels, and about why I should be the lawyer of your choice. It was cool, but something was missing for me to be happy.
I strongly believe that everybody must find their own way. Mine was to buy a camera and move to Cape Town.
I first came to Cape Town in 2008 to do my Masters at the UCT. I had traveled places before. I was in the U.S., Mexico, Morocco, Canary Islands, Israel and Palestine and have seen many places in Europe. Nothing, except for San Francisco, really made me want to stay for good.
But when I came to Cape Town, I quickly realized: This place is home. I went back on holidays a couple of times and then finally returned to study photography here in 2014. Since the Cape is such an amazing place I never really traveled outside of South Africa. But now it is finally happening. Tomorrow I am flying off to Zanzibar! I cannot wait.
A photo is a photo and it will not replace personal experience. But since I enjoy nothing more than looking at pictures, I would like you to experience the same by looking at mine. That is why I started this blog about adventures, memories, journeys, places and faces.

Njoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment